These are the technical requirements your site must satisfy to qualify for inclusion on ABE.com.ng
- Employ distinct and unique URLs for every article make sure each article you publish has a distinct, or unique, URL. We recommend you insert the date or a unique number into the URL
- Employ distinct and unique headlines for every article make sure each article you publish has a unique headline
- List your articles in an RSS feed, Atom feed, or dedicated headlines webpage to reduce the load on your server and ensure we are continuously informed of the articles you publish in a timely manner, we require that you provide us with the address of a dedicated headline page for us to scan. This can be an RSS feed, an Atom feed, or a simple HTML page containing just headlines linking to articles.
- Your RSS or Atom feed URL must be submitted to us , and articles on your feed page should not be older than 30 days
If you are a wordpress user your default RSS page should be http://www.example.com/feed
If you don’t already have an RSS or Atom feed, please set up a dedicated headline page for us to scan
- Create a dedicated headline web page for our Bot to visit, e.g. http://www.example.com/ABE
- On this page place the headline-hyperlinks for all articles published, but ensure that the page references at least every article published within the last 24 hours but does not reference any article that is more than sixty days old.
- Make sure the hyperlink text is exactly the headline text. This is the text we will display on ABE.com.ng, make sure the hyperlink URL links to precisely the web page containing the article in question.
- Don’t place any other links on this page as we instruct our Bot to import everything and this would cause erroneous headlines to appear on our website
- As this page will only be scanned by our Bot and not viewed by the public, please remember not to include any graphics or other design elements. This would only increase the load on your servers and ours.
Our Bot need to be able to analyze the text of each article you publish, in order to determine to which of our feeds they are most relevant.
N.B. If you do not do this, or do not do this correctly, your articles will not receive the maximum possible exposure on ABE, and their display may be considerably delayed most time.
To ensure we can properly identify where on the webpage the article begins and ends, you will need to edit your website templates as described below.
Insert HTML comment tags in your article webpage templates as follows:
<!-- Article Start -->should follow the headline but immediately precede the first paragraph of the article
<!-- Article End -->should immediately follow the last paragraph of the article.
- If your articles contain a byline or specify an author then
<!-- Author Start -->should immediately precede the author’s name and
<!-- Author End -->should immediately follow it.
If you don’t know how to setup your feed page you can Contact Us for support
We aim to scan your feed links every 5 to 10 minutes, however there will be variations in this frequency due to the performance of the internet and the number of sites we scan at a time, so this is not a guarantee.
Thereafter, our automated processes will analyze each new article found, and determine in which of our website topics that article would be most appropriate (please do not expect to see all your articles appear in any particular website topic).
If you feel that you have set your feed page well and in any event that our Bot are experiencing difficulties in analyzing your articles – the most common reason for this is that you have not included fresh Articles on the web page as detailed – there may be significant delays before your articles appear on ABE.
Whereas we will notify you if the feed URL u submitted is working or not, if the feed is not working you are welcome to notify us for any assistance.